Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Beyonce says conspiracies about her 8-month bump are “ridiculous”



Since announcing her pregnancy to the world back in August 2011 at the MTV Video Music Awards, Beyonce fans have eagerly been on baby bump watch. But in October the singer sparked rumours that she was wearing a prosthetic belly after her stomach appeared to collapse as she sat down during a live TV appearance in Australia
Now the 30-year-old star, who has branded the stories as ‘ridiculous’, has spoken out for the first time about how she feels about the reports. In an interview with Katie Couric for ABC’s 20/20, she said she treated the stories like water off a ducks back.
‘You know there are certain things that are so far, it doesn’t even affect me,’ she said.
‘I am cool, it is so ridiculous and over the top.’
In fact the Love On Top singer revealed that it was her mother, Tina Knowles, that needed to be calmed down the most.
‘She’s like “no one is going to talk about my gran-baby.”‘ she said. ‘I was like calm down mom, it’s OK.’
In her interview with Couric last night, Beyonce was certainly more eager to discuss other things. She talked openly about her pregnancy in detail and her new DVD Live At Roseland. She also explained why she decided to reveal her pregnancy on stage at the MTV Awards, the moment in which she stripped off her jacket and rubbed her belly after performing her hit song, Love On Top.
‘News that is that big… it is hard to keep to yourself,’ she explained to Couric. ‘I felt so liberated and I could breathe and be happy. I went straight off the stage, I hugged Jay and I hugged my mom’ she explained.
Beyonce told Couric that she would soon be taking time off to prepare for the birth of her baby, and then afterwards to care for the tot and also to lose her baby weight. ‘I am not looking forward to that because I am having a good time!’ she said.
‘I’ve been really conscious [about food],’ she told Couric. ‘I’ve been trying my best not to lose control. Because I’ve met so many people that say, “My second baby, my third baby, I’ve learned my lesson,”‘ she explains of other mothers who struggled to lose their baby weight. ‘So I haven’t been going crazy. I know it’s important that I don’t lose myself.’
Beyonce told the 54-year-old TV journalist that she couldn’t wait to get her hands on her bundle of joy.
‘I am so anxious I want to hold the baby!’ she laughed. ‘The best thing is knowing that my favourite person in the world… I haven’t met them yet. It’s exciting.’
And she revealed that her husband Jay-Z was equally waiting with anticipation, when Couric asked about his no doubt huge excitement.
‘You can only imagine and multiply that,’ she said.
In the interview Couric also tried her hand at getting the singer to reveal the sex of the baby.
‘Should I get you a pink baby present or a blue baby present?’ she asked.
But Beyonce only coyly put her finger to her mouth and replied: ‘Hmm…’
However Couric pressed, telling her that her bestfriend Kelly Rowland had already let the sex of the baby slip.
‘Really?’ Beyonce asked.
‘She said that you were going to have a girl,’ Couric laughed.
‘Did she?’ the singer hummed, once again holding her finger to her mouth.