Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Jennie Garth breaks down over Peter Facinelli

Jennie Garth: Farm Animals Helped Me Cope with Divorce
Jennie Garth, 90210 Friends Celebrate Premiere of CMT's Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country
Jennie Garth breaks down over Peter Facinelli split on 'A Little Bit Country'



Jennie Garth: Farm Animals Helped Me Cope with Divorce


Letting go after she found out her husband Peter Facinelli wanted a divorce was tough for Jennie Garth, but the actress says her menagerie of farm animals – which includes four dogs, two goats, five cats, two miniature horses and a pig – have helped get her to a happier place.

"Having all these animals fills a void for me because I'm kind of going through a rough time right now," she said on the premiere of her new CMT show, Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country. "The animals give you unconditional love, and that feels good."

The former Beverly Hills, 90210 star, whose new show focuses on her quiet life at the Los Olivos, Calif., farm she shares with her three young daughters, said that the love she gets from her animals feels pure.

"I think that my animals give me a sense of like relief, like they make me feel like none of that other bull– matters," Garth told her assistant Corinne. "When you look into their eyes, and they look back at you, and they don't want anything, they just want love. Whether I'm successful or not successful, whether I'm fat or thin, if I'm nice or if I'm not nice, they still love me."

The slow pace of Garth's country lifestyle is just what she needed to nurse the wounds of her break-up. "[Peter]'s doing his thing and I'm doing mine," she said. "I chose to come up here and be with the quieter lifestyle, and that's why I'm here. Getting separated has definitely been difficult, but being out here in the country has sort of made things a little easier."

Garth's sprawling ranch definitely has its fair share of distractions – like when assistant Corinne was forced to suck milk from a cow after losing a bet.

"Someone lost a bet – suck it Corinne," Garth said as she watched her horrified assistant nurse the livestock animal's udder.

"The udder tasted like warm sour cream," Corinne said. "This is the worst thing that's ever happened to me."

http://www.peoplepets.com/people/pets/article/0,,20589474,00.html


Jennie Garth, 90210 Friends Celebrate Premiere of CMT's Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country

Actress Jennie Garth's friends and family came out to a party in Hollywood on Thursday (April 19) to celebrate her 40th birthday and the series premiere of Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country, her reality series debuting Friday (April 20) at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CMT.

Twenty years ago, Garth moved from Urbana, Ill., to Los Angeles to pursue acting and promptly took Hollywood by storm as one of the breakout stars of the hit TV series, Beverly Hills, 90210.

Shannen Doherty and Ian Ziering, her co-stars on Beverly Hills, 90210, were among those attending Thursday's event.

Garth's new CMT series captures her in search of a simpler life as she moves her family to a seven-acre farm in the countryside of Central California, where she hopes to put the pressures of Hollywood aside and experience a new way of life. It's a move that will either give her the all-American lifestyle she has always dreamed of or turn her family's world completely upside down.

On the red carpet at the A Little Bit Country celebration, Garth talked about the show.

"It's not a scandalous, gross reality show," she said. "It's a really sweet, heartfelt show, and it shows a part of me that's very vulnerable and real. ... I just needed to slow it down for a little bit. As much as I love L.A. and I love what I do, I wanted to focus on my girls. I love nature and I love being in the country, so I just kind of wanted to have that for them for a while."

She acknowledged that living in a rural area has its advantages and disadvantages.

"It's nice because you don't have to worry about things," she said. "You don't have to lock your doors. I leave the keys in my car, and I don't lock it. The hardest part is that there's no take-out food, so I have to cook a lot."

Garth skyrocketed to stardom with her role as Kelly Taylor on Beverly Hills, 90210, which ran for 10 seasons and remains one of the most successful television series produced. She recently reprised her role in the new 90210 series. She was back at West Beverly High, but this time she was grown up and working as the school guidance counselor.

In 2007, she competed on ABC's Dancing With the Stars. Her newfound moves and loyal fans made her a crowd favorite and kept her in the competition through the semifinals. In 2002, she made her comedy debut as the straight-laced sister of Amanda Bynes in the WB network's What I Like About You, which aired for four seasons.

http://www.cmt.com/news/country-music/1683593/jennie-garth-90210-friends-celebrate-premiere-of-cmts-jennie-garth-a-little-bit-country.jhtml

Jennie Garth breaks down over Peter Facinelli split on 'A Little Bit Country'

When Jennie Garth invited cameras into her life for her new CMT reality series "Jennie Garth: A Little Bit Country," she really went for it -- even inviting the camera crew into her therapy sessions in the midst of her separation from her longtime love, "Twilight" actor Peter Facinelli.

On a retreat with her girlfriends, Garth gets some counseling about her split from Facinelli, who she has been with for 17 years. She admits that she felt that she failed their daughters. "I'm sad and angry that the story is over," she says. "I think when you get married, you hope it's forever."

She also admits to some anger at Facinelli.

"I think with any sort of rejection, you're angry that you weren't enough for that person," she says, fighting tears. "So I don't know if I'm angry at myself for not being enough, or if I'm angry at him for not considering me to be enough."


http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/05/jennie-garth-breaks-down-over-peter-facinelli-split-on-a-little-bit-country.html